Receive 25% OFF this course using code FALLPROMO18 at registration.
Locations & Dates
Toronto, Jan 19, 2019
Delivery Method: Lecture
CE Credits: 6
AGD Subject Code: 250
Cost: $950 + applicable taxes
*Prices are subject to change. To register using the group rate, please email us at email@example.com
For 25% Off
If you are not currently part of the dentalcorp network:
If you are part of the dentalcorp network:Sign in here
Seminar Topic: The Art and Science of Direct Esthetic Restorations
Speaker: Cathia Bergeron, DMD, MSc
Direct composite restorations on anterior and posterior teeth have become very desirable treatment options for clinicians motivated to offer their patients conservative, functional, long-lasting and esthetic solutions. The quality and longevity of composite restorations have improved significantly over the past decades because of enhancements in composite physical and optical properties along with developments in adhesive technology. With proper techniques and state-of-the-art composite systems, clinicians can create beautiful restorations that mimic natural tooth structure. This course is intended to improve your knowledge and skills when performing direct composite procedures, based on scientifically valid information. The main goal is to share with practitioners a clinically conservative and predictable approach applicable in daily practice. The program will discuss posterior restorations with step-by-step clinical examples to demonstrate how to place well-sealed, long-lasting posterior composites replicating natural morphology. Anterior restorations will also be discussed with a strong emphasis on understanding polychromatic shading. Clinicians will learn how to create natural- looking restorations based on optical properties of composite materials and tooth structure.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify factors involved in post-operative sensitivity and prevent their occurrence
- Use minimally invasive preparation designs
- Reduce gingival margin leakage by using a flowable resin in a snowplow technique
- Obtain anatomically correct interproximal morphology and tight contacts
- Form beautiful occlusal anatomy and reduce finishing time
- Understand colour parameters and choose composite shades to obtain the best possible colour match
- Prepare anterior teeth conservatively to facilitate blending of composite into enamel
- Place and layer multiple composite resin shades with a lingual index
- Create effects in the incisal third to mimic polychromatic structure
- Replicate in composite the subtleties of contour, anatomy, texture and surface finish found in natural dentition
Cancellation Policy (subject to change)
Registrants may cancel before 10 am EST, 7 calendar days prior to the course to receive a full refund. While no refunds will be given after the cancellation deadline, fees can be applied toward any future course offering. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical training provided by guest speakers reflects their own view and not necessarily those of DC Institute.
Space is limited and registration is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Contact us to learn more about developing your dental career with DC Institute.