We welcome you to join Dr. Gary Glassman for a two-day intense endodontics course.
Locations & Dates
Summerhill Winery, Kelowna, Oct 18 - 19, 2019
Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Nov 1 - Nov 2, 2019
CE Credits: 13.5
Delivery Method: Lecture & hands-on
AGD Subject Code: 070
DDS: $2,190 + applicable taxes
Dental Assistant: $500 + applicable taxes
*Prices are subject to change. To register using the group rate, please email us at email@example.com
Seminar Topic: Two-Day Intense Endodontics
Speaker: Dr. Gary Glassman, DDS, FRCD(C)
This course addresses breakthrough concepts and details the skills necessary for acquiring the expertise and confidence to perform the highest quality endodontics. As a participant in our program, you will become familiar with the use of the “apex last” approach to canal shaping with nickel-titanium instrumentation using the ProtaperTM Gold Rotary and WaveOneTMGold Reciprocating NiTi Systems. Choose whether you want to shape your canals using Continuous Rotation or Reciprocation. The end result is increased resistance to cyclic fatigue with more confidence in your hands.
Also to be discussed will be predictable irrigation protocols using Passive Sonic Irrigation and Apical Negative Pressure. Vertical condensation of thermo-softened gutta percha using The Continuous Wave of condensationTM and GuttaCoreTM thermosoftened carriers will also be discussed.
During this exciting, fast-paced presentation, the attendee will receive hands-on experience in a workshop environment.
An adjunctive assistant programme will address Endodontic Set Up, Rubber Dam and xray placement and collaboration between doctor and assistant to provide best in class patient experience.
Audience: Dentists and Dental Assistants
Doctor Key Learning Objectives:
- Endodontic Breakthroughs and Concepts allowing the enjoyment of successful endodontic treatment to last a Lifetime
- Assess the criteria for a successful endodontic procedure
- Perform a Systematic Diagnostic Protocol and Treatment Plan
- Provide emergency endodontic care
- Access for Success - looking for the MB2 canal
- Accurately locate the apical terminus and troubleshooting tips for apex locators
- Provide predictable Glide Paths using efficient SXTM Orifice Opener, ProgliderTM and WaveOne Gold GliderTM
- Shape the root canal space using ProtaperTM Gold Rotary and WaveOneTMGold Reciprocating NiTi Systems in a safe and efficient manner
- Remove the Smear layer and Biofilm using state of the art Irrigation Protocols
- Obturate the root canal system in 3-D utilizing the Continuous Wave of CondensationTM and Gutta CoreTM thermosoftened carriers
Assistant Key Learning Objectives:
- Tray set up and collaboration with doctor
- Isolation: Learn everything about dental dam isolation and placement
- Radiology: Learn to take radiographs for endo with dental dam in place
- Doctors attending must provide their own selection of extracted unaccessed teeth of all types that are soaked in full strength bleach for 24 hours for the afternoon session of day one where the doctors will be accessing the various tooth types
- DG 16 Endodontic Explorers and Loupes and headlamps should also be brought buy the doctor attending for maximum visualization
- 3-D Printed teeth will be provided for the attendee
Cancellation Policy (subject to change)
Registrants may cancel before 10 am EST, 7 calendar days prior to the course to receive a full refund. While no refunds will be given after the cancellation deadline, fees can be applied toward any future course offering. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical training provided by guest speakers reflects their own view and not necessarily those of DC Institute.
Space is limited and registration is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Contact us to learn more about developing your dental career with DC Institute.