We welcome you to join Dr. Sangeeta Patodia for a live webinar on managing medical emergencies in the dental office for the dental team
Locations & Dates
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
CE Credits: 3
Delivery Method: Live, virtual lecture
AGD Subject Code: 340
Cost: $199 + applicable taxes*
*Prices are subject to change. To be added to the waitlist for sold out sessions, please email us at email@example.com
Seminar Topic: Managing Medical Emergencies: Team
Speaker: Dr. Sangeeta Patodia
It is not a matter of if but when will a medical emergency occur in your office. Effective management of medical events requires the entire dental team to act in unison. A trained and prepared team can communicate with EMS, retrieve emergency drugs and equipment, and provide the skills for airway and cardiovascular support. This course will place emphasis on team dynamics and how to co-ordinate the efforts of all staff to optimize crisis management. If you work in a dental office, no matter your role, this course is for you.
Audience: Dental team members**
Key Learning Objectives:
- Assess the current office culture and describe actions to take that will enhance patient safety
- Identify preventative steps necessary to curtail a medical crisis before it happens for each patient
- Describe the elements of an effective emergency plan to predictably manage the unexpected
- Identify the required team competencies and roles to coordinate management of an emergency effectively
- Explore a singular simplified approach to every kind of medical emergency for all dental patients including the medically compromised
- Identify the emergency drugs and equipment every dental office should have
**NOTE: This course is not the prerequisite to the Oral Sedation and Nitrous Oxide: Effective Moderate Conscious Sedation course. Dentists who are interested in registering for the Oral Sedation course will need to take the Medical Emergencies course for Dentists.
Cancellation Policy (subject to change)
Registrants may cancel before 10 am EST, 7 calendar days prior to the course to receive a full refund. No refunds will be given after the cancellation deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
Clinical training provided by guest speakers reflects their own view and not necessarily those of DC Institute.
Space is limited and registration is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Contact us to learn more about developing your dental career with DC Institute.